|Location :||Germantown, Maryland|
|Type :||Contract to Hire|
● Contribute to the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals. Understand the organization’s strategic vision; translate it into individual and team goals; and prepare long and short-term plans for getting the stated goals achieved.
● Demonstrate initiative in advancing the technology of the company; vision to identify strategic opportunities and directions in technology trends; and the ability to initiate action to achieve success in strategic opportunities.
● Provide technical management of small, medium, and large -sized projects. Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, direct and control work and resources to successful project completion in terms of schedule, budget, reusability, and future product opportunities. Establish objectives for teams and team members in accordance with project objectives and provide leadership such that team members meet those objectives. Convey high expectations and set aggressive but realistic objectives. Represent the team to management and peers, and keep management apprised of requirements, status and performance.
● Design, implement and test of significant, state-of-the-art networking enhancements to HughesON Active Technologies mostly in the areas of adapting existing functionality to operate in a variety of virtual machine-type settings.
● be responsible for selecting and applying to HughesON Active Technologies third party open-source technologies including Virtual Machines, LINUX Containers, VPN and crypto libraries and related technologies for high-speed networking functionality including DPDK, SR-IOV while working thru issues associated with those technologies with little or no help from more senior technical staff.
● be responsible for configuring LINUX operating systems (kernel and user environment) to optimize their support of HughesOn technologies.
● review and coach the design and development of networking enhancements to HughesON Active Technologies where the design and implementation of those features are the primary responsibility of junior and mid-level software engineers.